Overtime or OT is common in the banking sector nowadays. But, is it really significant to stay back and work till late night?
I don't really agree on this practice as I perceive that working OT is not productive at all (for now). My colleagues are able to go back before 7.30pm, unlike me, staying back until 8pm? 9pm? or 10pm? Furthermore, I'm bringing my stuff home to work till midnight.
For the pass few days, I've the feeling that my life is totally imbalance. I've been overwhelmed by work, or they prefer to call it as workaholic?
Whatever it is. Now, I think I'm moving quite slow cuz' I'm still in the learning stage. And still, unproductive. Nonetheless, I've got a feeling that "I'm not there yet". I myself can feel the potential in me, a feeling like it is boiling and gonna burst out sooner or later. Cuz' I believe that, if your peers can do it, why can't you? Furthermore, they are holding more accounts than I do.
And I guess, the 'trying to catch-up with others, not to mention overtaking the rest' feeling is crossing my mind, everyday, which I think it's the main source of motivation that keeps me alive and back to work everyday.
Life's like a climb, if you're not smart enough, you gonna work hard enough, where experiences and learning curve comes in.

0 comments:
Post a Comment