Sunday, January 17, 2010

End Of Sem Break

Normally, from what i have analysed, a normal college or university student's life will be the happiest after the final examination day. Generally, a day before the final exam, they will restrict themselves from thinking of what to be done after the exam. Apparently, this might be one of the factors that caused the last paper's result to be unsatisfied.

Nonetheless, this might not much be a concern for students because it will be their big day after the finals. So, for movie goers will definitely going for movies, party goers will be going for club, pubs, discos, and bistros, shopaholic will be going for window shopping or end up buying a lot of stuff.

For me, I'm actually a movie goers..haha..so really did went for quite a number of movies during the whole semester break. Initial planning on going up to Genting was cancelled due to some unforeseeable circumstances. End up, staying at home and doing nothing for almost 2 weeks.

Did i mention that students tend to get bored after two weeks of holidays? haha..yup..that's true (at least for me). When you have done all the things that you had planned earlier, you will be staying at home by either staring at your TV or laptop / computers. Luckily, I still having my babies with me..haha..which lessen my boredom for the rest of the holidays.

But these few days, I was busy on studying an electronic device namely, Piezo. This is a new thing for me and thanks god, i found it !! haha.. But why would i say so? Ok, it is mainly because I wanna get my guitar installed with pickup and a normal quality pickup with preamp will cost me for AT LEAST 400 over bucks. So i wouldn't wanna put a hole in my wallet and decided to D.I.Y a own pickup for my baby. So, this is the thingy...


Picture taken from

Yeap..it just looks like a miniature disc, but do not look down on it. As the saying goes, do not judge the book by its cover..haha..yea, it's true..this small thing can actually be the main component of transmuting sound frequency. So, it may used for mic, transducer, and so on. So how it works? In layman term, it will absorb the vibration of whatever that keep in contact with it and converts these vibration into electric signals !! Wonderful isn't ?! Haha..So, what I've did is actually connect this Piezo thing with a 1/4" Female jack head so that it can directly plug-in with a 1/4" male jack. It's way simple and guess what, manufacturers out there are selling these things for 200 over bucks but i created it with less than 20bucks.

Indoor 'workshop'

Nonetheless, i did not use the D.I.Y pickup on my baby because it has a very sensitive feedback although if sounds way better than the pickup i bought for 45bucks..haha..So, this is what keeping me from staring at the laptop and tv for few days, and that's a good thing.

So, just finished packing my stuff and tomorrow will be going back to Kampar. Yup, it's my final year. Although it is already 16 days after new year, but for me, i still treat 18th of Jan a new year for me. This is because this is my final year, and hoping everything will go extremely smooth and fine this year. Actually, I've counted the CGPA for my result. I notice that no matter how good am I, i still unable to get above 3.0. Once, my brother urged me so much on getting above 3.0 and i really hope i can do so, but I think can't achieve it anymore. At first was a bit de-motivated, but after thinking thoroughly in the toilet while bathing (humans tend to do much of their thinking in toilet), I've found my resolve, I'm gonna do my very best in each examinations in this coming year. So, if you were to ask me, what's my new year resolution? My answer will be study hard for sure..haha..yup..no joke here..


Haha..seems like I've written quite a long post here, I think i gotta go rest soon because will be driving to back to Kampar tomorrow..That's all for now...good night and sweet dreams everybody !!


-------------------- END --------------------

0 comments: